It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to restore files or folders in RTC with the original folder structure

Suhas Samprathi Jayathirtha (112) | asked Dec 21 '16, 2:00 p.m.
 How to restore files or folders in RTC with the original folder structure

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Dec 21 '16, 4:05 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
How should I ask a question in the Forum if I want to receive useful answers?

Shoud you talk about RTC SCM, https://jazz.net/library/#sort=pubDate&project=rational-team-concert&tag=scm provides a good overview. Start with
 and maybe Practicing source control archaeology with Rational Team Concert .   

Comments
Suhas Samprathi Jayathirtha commented Dec 21 '16, 6:35 p.m.

There were files and folders in the RTC Source control and was by mistake deleted. So i am just checking on how we can restore the deleted files and folders back by reversing the change set. I did manage to reverse the change set but under the pending patches the folder names were not with the original name but with some junk folder names. But inside that folders there were the required files. Now when i check in this folders it gets checked in as unresolved and under that it checks in with junk folder names whereas i was expecting the files and folders to be restored with their original folder names. Can someone please help me on this.

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Dec 21 '16, 7:26 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Rather than trying to reverse the change set, I'd suggest just discarding the change set that contains the incorrect deletions.   Once everything looks OK in your repository workspace, you can use the "replace" operation to update a stream with that configuration (just make sure there aren't any incoming change sets from that stream, other than the change set that you want to discard).   Also warn your users to "accept" that replace, and not redeliver the bad change set.   To make this more obvious, change the comment for that change set to something like "BAD-CHANGE-SET: DISCARD and DO NOT DELIVER".

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.