It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

daemonize the rqm adapter on linux RedHat

Eric Dolce (44519) | asked Dec 12 '16, 5:16 p.m.
retagged Dec 16 '16, 12:52 a.m. by Minakshi Jaint (5113)
I am looking to daemonize the rqm adapter on linux RedHat, before starting I wonder f someone else did it. I am using RedHat 7.2, I was thinking to use a script in /etc/init.d or using the systemd new tool we have in RedHat 7.2.

I would like to use the service cmd to start/stop/status of the rqm-adapter.

Thanks in advance!
Eric

One answer

permanent link
abhishek gour (3812) | answered Dec 14 '16, 2:40 a.m.
Hi Eric,
I think you would need to specify which RQM Adapter you are trying to deamonize. I understand that although you can run the Adapter ( command line or selenium ) in background by redirecting the output and error console to local file with '&' on command line terminal, but as you mentioned, you are looking for some solution so that it can be run automatically. 

As far as Command Line Or Selenium Adapters are concerned, there is no particular way to "Start" or "Stop" the adapters automatically. They are started and restarted via "Start.sh" and are stopped by process kill. 
So may be you may have to develop your own scripts  may be linux based) to use "Start.sh" to Start and Restart the adapter and kill the process id to Stop the adapter. 

Just in case you want to know more about how to make use of Start.sh - please follow these links - 

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.0/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_start_command_line_adapter.html 

I hope this helps. 
Thanks,
Abhishek.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.