It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Moving work item customization to another RTC server?

Mike Johnson (28624221) | asked Aug 31 '09, 4:41 p.m.
We would like to see how easy/difficult it is to move RTC work item customizations from one project to another, and from one server to another. Specifically we would like to move the custom work item types, the custom work item field types, the "layout" of the work item types (ie, sections and tabs).

I was hoping maybe this info is exportable/importable through an XML file, like some of the process configuration data. Is that available?

Thanks in advance,
Mike Johnson

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Sep 01 '09, 9:35 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

you can right-click a project in the Eclipse UI and select "Create Process Template" to create a process template from your configuration. You can then import that process template into your other server and create a new project with the customizations you did.

Would that be sufficient?

Ralph

permanent link
Daniel Cox (4261168) | answered Sep 02 '09, 6:40 p.m.
All of the work item customization is present in the process source of the project. You can copy the entire source from one project to another and to another server - I've done this without issues. I however was not worried about other customizations that were different between the servers - I wanted all of the process to be the same.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.