It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ATOM Feed for RQM Bulk Updating

Leesen Padayachee (9955119) | asked Nov 16 '16, 6:31 a.m.
Hi

We do our automation tests offline, and get them into an xml, can we some how export this xml into the RQM API and update all the TCER's that have been created for automation? I see that the RQM API has a bulk upload option:

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi#Bulk_uploads

Is there any info on how I would go about creating the ATOM feed? I assume this ATOM feed will need to represent all my automation results in an excel form? How would this need to be linked to the associated TCER's in RQM? 

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Nov 17 '16, 4:41 a.m.
Leesen, "bulk upload" is for creation, not update. Also, I will be worried if you use it in production given the "experimental" wording associated with it.

Have you consider using the RQM Excel Importer? It may not be too difficult to convert the XML file to an Excel sheet.

Comments
Leesen Padayachee commented Nov 17 '16, 4:43 a.m.

Is there a way to send results back into TCER's using the ExcelImporter? I have not seen that template in the samples?

Leesen Padayachee commented Nov 17 '16, 4:51 a.m.

You can do offline execution, update the file and send it back, but again this cannot be done in bulk.

Donald Nong commented Nov 17 '16, 7:31 p.m.

Then probably look into the RQM URL Utility. All these tools use RQM REST API.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.