It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to copy the process configuration from one RTC server to another?

Richard Michelson (21715) | asked Nov 11 '16, 6:51 p.m.
In RTC 6.0.2, is there a way to copy the process configuration from one server to another? For example, I would like to be able to copy the production system process configuration from our production server to a test server. Assuming there is a method of doing this, is there any danger is doing it?

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Nov 12 '16, 1:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
In the Eclipse client, you can create a process template from the desired project area, and then export the process template, and then Import that process template it into the other server.   In particular, File -> Export -> Team_Process -> Process_Template, and File -> Import -> Team_Process -> Process_Template.

Comments
Richard Michelson commented Nov 14 '16, 9:46 a.m.

Thank you for your response. I'm particular interested in replicating the process configuration on another test server vs. the process template. My understanding is that the process configuration is separate from the process template (and the process template does not include the process configuration. Is that a correct statement?  If so, is there a way to export the process configuration? I seem to recall that there used to be a method in eclipse to right click on the process configuration source and there was an export, but that option seems to be no longer available in 5.0.2 -- 6.0.2.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Nov 14 '16, 2:39 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The process template contains everything you see in the Process Configuration tab of the project area in the Eclipse process editor, as well as the Attachments section of the Links tab.   What you don't get is the other tabs ... Overview, Access Control, Categories, Releases.   When you create a process template, it is a "current snapshot" of this information.   The process configuration source is a subset of what is in the process template (the main thing it doesn't have is the attachments).   If you want to create a copy of the process configuration source, you don't need a special operation ... just select all the text in the process configuration source tab, and copy it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.