It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Some question on Reporting feature of RTC

T M (8878188143) | asked Aug 30 '09, 6:29 a.m.
1. I haven't played around with RTC Express-C or Express editions. In the "Team Artifacts" view I don't even see "Reports" folder under RTC project folder in those editions?

2. Using RTC 2.0 Enterprise edition. Giving folder permission to a specific team (under Shared Reports folder) doesn't stop from someone from some other team seeing/running a report? Is this a bug? Or, am I missing anything here?

3. There was a folder called "Source Control" under "Shared Reports" folder. There were many reports in it. I unchecked the "Shared" checkbox and the folder disappeared. How do I get it back? Should I recreate a folder and add all the reports from the scratch?

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Aug 31 '09, 8:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
1. The RTC Express-C license does not include support for reports in the Team Artifacts Navigator.
2. The permissions on the folders control who can modify the folder but not who can read reports in it. Read access of the folders is controlled only at the project area level. There is a permission for report display that can be setup at the team area level and applies to report templates deployed to a particular team area.
3. The folder must have moved under your 'My Reports' folder since it is no longer shared.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.