It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

i need help with setting up the ldap within webspere

Terry Little (114) | asked Oct 21 '16, 6:47 p.m.
I am setting up websphere to be the front end to DOORS NG.   i have websphere connected to rhel directory service on linux  i can get my users but cannot get the group information to come back in websphere.  I need some help in defining the group filter, etc.  Has anyone else set this up that can help me?

3 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Oct 23 '16, 7:10 p.m.
You'd better use an LDAP client to query the LDAP server with the parameters that you intend to use and see if you can get the desired results, as demonstrated in the below article.
https://jazz.net/library/article/479

Two issues that quite often come up when setting up LDAP are as follows.
1. Incorrect Base DN. In WAS, there is only one Base DN, for both users and groups. If the base DN for all users is "OU=users,DC=example,DC=com", and the base DN for all groups is "OU=groups,DC=example,DC=com", then you should set the base DN as "DC=example,DC=com".
2. Incorrect Group Member ID Map. Without explaining the details, the safest setting for most LDAP server is "*:member".

If you still struggles, you should contact Support, or you can explain in details of three related items - one LDAP user, one LDAP group (containing this user) and the advanced settings page in WAS.

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Oct 22 '16, 12:19 a.m.
Hi Terry,

Please find the link below.

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.install.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_user_management_methods_was.html

Regards,
Arun

permanent link
Terry Little (114) | answered Dec 01 '16, 5:48 p.m.
Update:  the problem was with IE browser.  I could do this in Firefox.  However, I upgraded Websphere to 8.5.5.10 and was able to do this using IE. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.