It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Customize RTC notification emails by status (prevent sending)?

June Boston (1942438) | asked Oct 21 '16, 12:50 p.m.
 Hello,

I've seen this requested before on the forums for older versions of RTC, but is there any way now to customize/stop emails based on a work item's status?  Users want to be notified of approved work items, but if a work item state is set to "Cancelled" then they obviously no longer need to be reminded.  I have some users getting emails daily that their reviews (on cancelled items) are overdue.  For now I simply instruct them on how to unsubscribe, but if it's possible to put some logic in the email template that would be ideal.  I see there is some sort of IF functionality in the xml/html email notification templates, is there any kind of "exit" I can send if status='cancelled'?

Thank you.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Oct 24 '16, 4:05 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am not aware of any way to code such rules into the standard work item notification. They don't have any semantic for states and don't make any assumption about rules. You could add automation e.g. in server save follow up actions or in nightly jobs to add custom behavior such as to remove approver or approvals if a work item is cancelled etc. if you want more automation.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.