It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What can cause a ReqIF file to NOT be created during a DNG ReqIF export operation?

Todd Dunnavant (571019) | asked Oct 18 '16, 2:31 p.m.
My client has several DNG project areas.  In all of them, except one, ReqIF packages can be defined and exported.  In one project area, a user with all permissions + being project admin + being in JazzAdmins group can create a ReqIF definition, start the ReqIF export -- but nothing is exported.

Has anyone among you seen similar behavior?  If so, do you know what caused it?

This problem is being seen in DNG 6.0.2, ifix004.

Comments
Donald Nong commented Oct 18 '16, 9:07 p.m.

Have you checked the server log file (rm.log) for any errors?

Todd Dunnavant commented Oct 18 '16, 10:35 p.m.

Donald, checking the log files is a great thing to do, indeed!  The environment is up in the Cloud, so it's a pain to get the log files, but I'll ask the environment provider to get that log file for me.

Donald Nong commented Oct 18 '16, 10:48 p.m.

Do you happen to have JazzAdmins role? If so, you can log in to /rm/admin then go to Debug > Logging and download the log files there.

Todd Dunnavant commented Oct 18 '16, 10:50 p.m.

We will give that a shot, thanks!

Todd Dunnavant commented Oct 18 '16, 11:07 p.m.

Thanks, Donald!  I just re-ran the unfortunate operation, acquired the log file, and determined that we appear to have a type system error.

Donald Nong commented Oct 18 '16, 11:59 p.m.

In this case, please contact Support and get it investigated further.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

One answer

permanent link
Karen Steele (1.2k2139148) | answered Dec 14 '17, 5:14 p.m.

Now that you have that information do you know how to fix it ? I have the exact same issue on just one project area.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.