It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What permission governs who can modify another persons Work Environment in RTC (hours available)

Anthony Crain (1612) | asked Oct 14 '14, 7:59 p.m.
I looked in the help at "Setting user work environments". It says:

In the User Profile in RTC there is an option to set a users "work environment." To set someone else's "work environment" what permission must you have?

I don't see it under the permissions options. Is it tied to the administrator? Is it tied to a JazzAdmin type or subtype?

The help says only "License type and repository permission can be modified only by the user with appropriate right."  Which does not cover "work environment" nor tell you what the "appropriate right" is...

Comments
Anthony Crain commented Oct 14 '14, 8:09 p.m. | edited Oct 15 '14, 4:21 a.m.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Oct 15 '14, 4:24 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 17 '14, 12:54 a.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
See https://jazz.net/forum/questions/63903/permission-for-changing-the-work-environment/63904

You should be able to modify the work environment of someone else if you are a member of the Project Admin group for the team area of the person (or if you belong to the JazzAdmin repository permission group).

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Oct 17 '14, 1:44 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 17 '14, 1:53 a.m.
I did some testing in 5.0.1, and it appears that if you are a Project Admin of any project, you can modify the work environment of any user you can access (note that it appears you are not limited to modifying allocations to the project/team area for which you are the admin).  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.