It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RPE usage with DOORS NG

Adrian Haw (2741041) | asked Oct 18 '16, 5:34 a.m.
I'm a long-time user of RPE with DOORS9 but for RPE & DOORS NG 6.0.2 this is proving a real headache. What I cannot find is a clear guide/training material - what little I find looks out of date, is text-based with no examples and therefore I am having a lot of trouble trying to figure out how to use RPE with DNG 6.0.2.

Does anyone have a link to material (pref with screenshots as the little text-based docs I have found seem to be out of dat and do not match what I see in DNG 6.0.2) which clearly shows:
1. For RPE Designer Studio, how to link to a DNG database and import a data source schema
2. For DNG 6.0.2, how to run a document generation for a module using an RPE template

4 answers

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Oct 18 '16, 6:57 a.m.
You may start with the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXP0JrOiVJQ and refer reportable REST API wiki for DNG for supported artifact types and URLs to be used.

permanent link
David Clark (2341150) | answered Oct 18 '16, 8:28 a.m.
 Subramanya beat me to the answer. I went through all 6 youtube videos and have a working RPE with DNG.
David

permanent link
Adrian Haw (2741041) | answered Feb 21 '17, 8:23 a.m.

It helped somewhat but... how do I detect the attributes in my project and module so I can format different attributes according to artifact type?

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Feb 21 '17, 12:27 p.m.
edited Feb 21 '17, 12:29 p.m.

<rrm:format> entry provides artifact type information of the artifacts in a module. If you are using RPE 2.1 or later, I suggest referring to the example template DNG_Module.dta (under %rpe_home%\templates\DNG). You will find the template comments useful in understanding the template.

Comments
Adrian Haw commented Feb 21 '17, 2:05 p.m.

Hi - module printing templates I see are...

./rrdg/printModuleBook.dta

./rrdg/printModuleTable.dta

Are these what you mean?

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Feb 22 '17, 12:54 a.m. | edited Feb 22 '17, 12:59 a.m.

No, these are the templates shipped with DNG. The one I mentioned is in RPE installation path (shipped with RPE). If you are designing a custom template, you can refer DNG_Module.dta (under %rpe_home%\templates\DNG).

Adrian Haw commented Mar 01 '17, 12:22 p.m.

OK, found it. I made a very basic template to print out some default attributes and that finishes in 55 seconds when exporting a module but the template DNG_Module.dta never finishes - gets as far as "CRRPE1064I Finalizing document generation. Writing output files..." and hangs forever (at least never comes back in ~2 hours). Same parameters as for my very basic template which does finish ok.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.