It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can we only display a parent link but not child link in the editor presentation?

Michael Alberda (2311447) | asked Oct 18 '16, 5:26 a.m.
Good Day,

On our links section, we only want to display the parent work item but not the child. When we modify the links section to show only parent, the child is also displayed.

Is this possible?

Thank-you,
Regards,
Michael Alberda

2 answers

permanent link
Matt Muller (59813574) | answered Oct 18 '16, 6:10 a.m.

Good Morning,

In the Past if I'm doing something like this I would create a specific attribute which uses the link type attribute and then use that Custom version for that "Work Item Type".  This will also prevent other Work Items from adopting that change.

Add the new Attribute

Update the Presentation > created a custom section for the Links (so it doesn't replace all the Links views on other workitems)

Hope that helps

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Oct 18 '16, 6:26 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I think that does not remove client from the standard link presentation, but it is a good approach. Also see https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/12/17/using-reference-presentations-to-create-links-and-show-linked-work-items-in-rtc/ for a bit more description.

permanent link
Michael Alberda (2311447) | answered Oct 18 '16, 6:28 a.m.
Hi Matt,

Thanks for your response. I have done that but the problem lies with displaying both the child and the parent while under the "Show link types" in the editor presentation we have only selected parent to be displayed, its seems it shows corresponding link types as well. We would like to only show the parent - I am not sure this is possible though. Please see below:

Thank-you,
Regards,
Michael.

Comments
Michael Alberda commented Oct 18 '16, 6:31 a.m.

Apologies, I am unable to upload the screen shots.

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 18 '16, 6:35 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am pretty sure you can not suppress the child link to be displayed in the Links Tab. That is not possible as far as I can tell.

Michael Alberda commented Oct 18 '16, 7:04 a.m.

Thanks Ralph, The link you posted above will give us what we want.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.