It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Possible to edit the query result presentation?

Ilona Krammer (159549) | asked Oct 07 '16, 3:21 a.m.
I would like to change the presentation of query results. The column headings should have the same name as the labels that are used in the presentation and not the attribute names which are often quite long.
Is that possible?

(need it for web and eclipse client)

Comments
Donald Nong commented Oct 07 '16, 3:53 a.m.

Which "labels" are you referring to? I believe the query result does not utilize anything from the editor, if that is what is in your mind.

Ilona Krammer commented Oct 07 '16, 4:27 a.m.

Yes, I can see that it doesn't use the settings from the editor. But in our case different work items have attributes with the same name so to avoid confusion we needed to create those attributes several time and to avoid confusion when creating the editor and in queries we had to put the work item type into the attribute name

Obviously we don't want that in query results but want to use a different column heading.

Can I edit the column headings and/or the presentation of the result in general (we would also eg like to only get the creation date without the exact hour instead of the whole information)

Donald Nong commented Oct 07 '16, 5:09 a.m.

Not that I am aware of such feature. I'm actually curious about the way you created the attributes, several times? I can't see the necessity of doing so. Where will you see attributes with the same name from different work item types in the same place?

Ilona Krammer commented Oct 07 '16, 5:34 a.m.

You can see the attributes when working on a work item presentation (though that would be an administrator's problem so I wouldn't care too much about that) and when creating a query or a report (that's the problem)

We are migrating information from another system and therefore created several custom work item types which have some attributes that have the same names.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.