It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM CLI Adapter - Multiple Sessions

vijay ganesan (112) | asked Oct 03 '16, 11:44 a.m.

Hi All, Am trying to open two RQM CLI adapter sessions on a single windows machine. Like below

1. Remote Desktop session-1 am able to launch RQM CLI adapter successfully. Am able to see rqm-cli adapter status is green in RQM.

2. Parallelly opened Remote Desktop session-2 on same windows machine with different user-id. Trying to launch another CLI adapter. its launches successfully and I can see new cli adapter status is green.

The issue is Session-1 RQM-CLI adapter went offline.

Is it possible to run multiple RQM CLI adapter in same machine?

Thanks

Vijay

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Oct 03 '16, 9:02 p.m.
By any chance you are using a Windows 7/8/10 machine? If that's the case, it has nothing to do with RQM CLI Adapter, as these desktop OS only allows one concurrent remote desktop session. The moment you log in with the second user, the first user gets logged out automatically. If you need multiple sessions, you have to use a "Windows Server" machine.

Comments
vijay ganesan commented Oct 04 '16, 2:24 p.m. | edited Oct 04 '16, 8:04 p.m.

Thankyou Donald.

We are using Windows 2008 server with multiple session license. Today again i tried like below..

•  From Remote Desktop session-1 ===> i launched RQM CLI adapter and am able to see rqm-cli adapter status is green in RQM.
  • Parallelly  from Remote Desktop session-2 ===>  i launched RQM CLI adapter and am able to see rqm-cli adapter status is green in RQM. but Remote Desktop session-1 adapter status shows red which means its in offline.

Thanks

vijay

Donald Nong commented Oct 05 '16, 1:20 a.m.

I can only guess that the second session somehow kills the first session but can't be sure without knowing your exact configuration. What I can confirm is that you can run as many adapters on the same machine as you like, regardless which user executes them, so long as each adapter has its own folder (this is important). The below screenshot shows three adapters on the same machine, with number 2 and 3 run by the same user and number 4 by another.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.