It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Exporting Requirements and associated comments

Jason Wilson (311226) | asked Sep 22 '16, 6:30 a.m.
Hi All,

I am trying to export requirements and their associated comments as I need these to be reviewed by users who do not have access to the CLM.

I can export the requirements without an issue, however I cannot get the comments.

I have exported using a view which has the column added, however this is blank and nothing is show.

Can anyone assist please?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Sep 22 '16, 1:05 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Sep 22 '16, 2:55 p.m.
Exporting comments is not supported. What is supposed to get exported is comments count but this does not currently appear to work and I will open a defect.

You may want to try Printing the Artifact to PDF and choose to include comments.
Jason Wilson selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jason Wilson commented Sep 23 '16, 5:10 a.m. | edited Sep 23 '16, 5:10 a.m.

Hi Rosa,

Thank you, this does work in a fashion, although I would still want it in CSV or XLS format.

The Comment count is not working in V5.0.2 which is what I am using and also is not working on the Cloud version of V6.0.2.

It would be nice if the 'Include Comments' option was available when exporting to CSV/XLS or with the default reports, being able to generate as a CSV/XLS.

Is there a way to request features for consideration?

Kirk Grotjohn commented Oct 12 '16, 10:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Do you see a My Stuff link at the top right while in jazz.net?  if yes, go to that, and click Work Items tab.  You should see a button to open a defect (although I would change this to an enhancement request rather than a defect). 
Here is a direct link that might work:  https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.newWorkItem

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.