It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Exporting artifacts in Requirement Management (RDNG 6.0.2)

Ahmed Ahmed (48832) | asked Sep 21 '16, 8:15 a.m.

Hi,

Is there any way, by which i can export the artifacts in .dba or .dma format from Rational DOORs NG 6.0.2? Need support on this issue.

3 answers

permanent link
Håkan Kristiansson (5114) | answered Sep 21 '16, 8:46 a.m.
No but you can export text based artifacts in the cvs format. If you elaborate your needs there might be other options.

Comments
Bas Bekker commented Sep 21 '16, 12:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, elaborate some more on what you are trying to achieve, as a simple search didn't return much information on the .dba or .dma file formats or what they are used for.

And feel free to put in a request for enhancement, which you can do here: IBM Software RFE Community

Ahmed Ahmed commented Sep 22 '16, 2:28 a.m.

The requirement is that, we need to send the artifacts details to some external customers in the form of .dba or .dma format. I know we can export the the artifacts in CVS or excel format. But our customer don't want the report in the form of excel or cvs. They want in the form of .dba or .dma format so that they upload these artifacts into their system and starts working on them. I didn't found any option in RDNG 6.0.2 web interface from where i export the artifacts in desired format. Is there any other way around? 

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Sep 21 '16, 1:15 p.m.
As far as I know, you cannot use DOORS module archive files directly in DOORS NG. You can create .csv or .xml files through DOORS and import into DOORS NG as explained in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxJuf12bDWo

permanent link
Malte Plath (111) | answered Sep 28 '16, 3:19 a.m.
I guess you mean .dpa (DOORS Project Archive) and .dma (DOORS Module Archive).
These formats are only supported in Classic DOORS, so you could export your modules from DNG in CSV or ReqIF format, import them into DOORS 9.x (provided you have that), and then "archive" the imported modules.
If you do not have access to a DOORS 9.x database, I see no way you could produce .dma or .dpa files since these are in a proprietary binary format.
The preferred way to exchange modules is in ReqIF. (You can find docs and tutorials about this in the forum, in the DNG documentation and on Youtube.)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.