It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot delete image inside the module created by importing a word document

Ahounguio Jean Francois (20118) | asked Aug 23 '16, 1:35 p.m.
Hi Jazz Community,
Working in RDNG, i meet an issue to delete the image artifacts in the module created by importing word document.
I use CLM v6.0.2 and all the permissions are set correctly.
The user account who created the module can delete all other artifacts but not the graphic artifact (image) imported with the document.
Notice that this is a Jazz Users account with the License Analyst.
Your help will be very useful.
Thanks by advance.
Rgds

Comments
Donald Nong commented Aug 23 '16, 10:10 p.m.

What happens when the user tries to delete the images? Any errors? I just tried it in the sandbox project area (6.0.2) did not have any problems.

Ahounguio Jean Francois commented Aug 24 '16, 2:00 a.m.

Hi Donald thank you for your answer,
The options Delete and Edit artifact in contextual menu are disable.
In fact when i try to delete the folder created by the module i get this message
" Not all of the folder contents could be deleted. Some of the contents might be locked, some of them might be used in modules, or you might not have permission to delete them."
And i able to delete all related others artifacts inside the module folder but not the image artifact and i cannot edit also using the jazz users account who created the module.
See the screenshot below on these links
Image to be deleted (image 0)
Delete and Edit options disabled

Donald Nong commented Aug 24 '16, 3:03 a.m.

Interesting. Do you have the "Remove" option in the Module view?

Ahounguio Jean Francois commented Aug 24 '16, 3:07 a.m.

Yes and i deleted the module already.
If you want i can do it again and show you.

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Aug 24 '16, 3:18 a.m.
If I understanding correctly, you deleted the module on one go and chose to delete all the containing artifacts as well, but the image artifact is left behind. Correct? If that's the case, this problematic artifact somehow got corrupted I believe. If it's a production environment, you should contact Support and find a way to delete it. If it's just a testing environment, you can just ignore it.

Comments
Ahounguio Jean Francois commented Aug 24 '16, 4:50 a.m.

Not sure, using the jazz admin account i can delete this image but not with the jazz users account who is the module creator. I check also the permissions on the folders for the role (Author) assigned  to the user and all are enable.

Donald Nong commented Aug 24 '16, 9:09 p.m.

Just a reference, I have only the JazzUsers role in the sandbox project (I think almost everybody does) and do not have such problem.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.