It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[Closed] EXCEL Import customization to import TestPlan, Test case and Test suite

Kumar Kumar (6427) | asked Aug 10 '16, 12:45 a.m.
edited Aug 31 '16, 12:00 a.m.
Hello,
I have installed RQMExcelImporter.
I went through the installation folder and found some excel formats for below options-
1. Exporting TestPlans with Test cases to RQM.
2. Exporting Testsuits with Test cases to RQM. etc.

I am looking for an option to customize the RQMExcelImporter to get below options.

1. Importing Testcases and Testsuits under single Test Plan.
2. Importing Testsuits and Linking existing test cases.

Please support,

Thanks,

Regards,
Chethan Kumar R

Comments
Lily Wang commented Aug 10 '16, 4:54 a.m.

The samples provided are as-is. You can refer to https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter about how to write a config file.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Aug 11 '16, 8:06 p.m.
Hi, Chethan

There is no existing cfg file which would work for your use case 1.
Since you tried example of importing test case and test plan and link them, similar thing can be done for test suite and test plan, you may need to trial and error to find a working cfg file. Make a copy of the existing cfg example and add some similar commands for testsuite and test plan and see how it works.

There are questions to ask though in use case1:
- whether you want to import test plan, test suite and test cases at the same time or any of them already exist.
whether test case will be a part of test suite as well etc

- for the use case 2: you can try testsuite.testcase=link(xx)
xx can be cell(cells) with the existing test case internal id or external id.

Kumar Kumar selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kumar Kumar commented Aug 17 '16, 5:26 a.m.

I am creating a new set of requirement, New Test Plan, New set of Test cases and New set of Test suits.
I need to export all to RQM. Create new Requirement NQ set in Doors, Create new testplan A, Create new Test cases TC under the Test Plan A.
Create new multiple Test suits Under test plan A and link to the already created Test cases TC.
I need to do all this at one shot with one Excel sheet import.

Kindly let me know the possibility.

Thanks,

Don Yang commented Aug 17 '16, 8:00 p.m.

the sample provides importing test plan and test case and linking them, also there is a sample for test suite and test cases and linking them. you need to combine both of them into one confiig file and add test suite to the test plan as well(similar to how to add test cases into a test plan).
If requirements are in Doors, then it is not supported in ExcelImporter, it only supports requirements in Doors Next Generation.

Kumar Kumar commented Aug 18 '16, 4:11 a.m. | edited Aug 18 '16, 4:26 a.m.

Hello Yang,
Using sample configuration If I try to create requirements, it throws an new window asking login for RM. Linked RM project drop down contains the option: Contact admin/ No RM project linked. RM Server is empty.
Not able to login could you please support
I am working on the Merging part but struck with this requirement export.

Thanks,

Don Yang commented Aug 18 '16, 7:01 p.m.

What version of QM and RM are you using?
As said, ExcelImporter only supports Doors Next Generation(RDNG) as requirements provider. If you are using DNG, the RM project should be associated with QM project area(like the same JKE Banking project areas, QM, RM and CCM are all associated).

Kumar Kumar commented Aug 19 '16, 2:19 a.m. | edited Aug 19 '16, 2:21 a.m.

I am using Doors Next Generation 6.0.1 and Quality management 6.0.1
Both are associated.
Still I have this problem :(

Don Yang commented Aug 19 '16, 3:05 a.m.

is your DNG and QM projects associated in your environment?

Kumar Kumar commented Aug 19 '16, 3:19 a.m.

Yes as for my understanding associated.
RM as the RQM link and RQM as the RM link.
Is there any other way we can see, is it associated or not?

Kumar Kumar commented Aug 19 '16, 4:02 a.m. | edited Aug 19 '16, 4:16 a.m.

we need to create multiple testsuits how can it be handled?
Eg- Cell (6,B), Cell(7,B) and Cell(8,B) sometimes more than 3.
How can I generalize and create multiple test suits and link to testplan
Have tried something like this
testplan.dc:title=C1
testplan.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.planBusinessObjectives","RQM-KEY-TP-BUSS-OBJ-TITLE")=C2
testplan.XLSLink=testcase
testcase.XLSStartRow=7
testplan.XLSWorksheetID="TestPlan"
testcase.dc:title=B
testcase.dc:description=E
testcase.jzalm:owner=C
testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCaseDesign","RQM-KEY-TC-DESIGN-TITLE")=F
testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCasePreCondition","RQM-KEY-TC-PRE-COND-TITLE")=K
testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCasePostCondition","RQM-KEY-TC-POST-COND-TITLE")=L
testsuite.XLSStartRow=7
testsuite.XLSWorksheetID="TestSuite"
testsuite.dc.title=B
but it creates additional test cases in the name of Testsuites.

Don Yang commented Aug 21 '16, 10:23 p.m.

it's better you can create a new post if you have multiple questions so that we can make it clear or someone else in the community may answer your questions.
1) for QM-RM association
you can go to QM project's admin and overview > Association field and under 'Uses"
it should have "Requirements      Requirement project area name " entry there
in QM project's admin > overview > Association field, under "provides",
it should show "Requirements      QM project area name" entry there.
In a short, if you manually go to a test case and try to add a requirement link, it should bring up a dialog for selecting a requirement from your RM project.

2) creating multiple test suites
the way you create multiple test cases applied to test suites
I notice you use testsuite.XLSWorksheetID="TestSuite"
so you have a sheet named TestSuite in which you will get the TestSuite details from?
"testsuite.dc.title=B " does not seem to correct, it should be testsuite.dc:title=B
if you have title details for each testsuite in column B

Kumar Kumar commented Aug 22 '16, 12:47 a.m.

In the above comment 'Uses" and  "provides" both need to be configured in QM project but I am not finding that option.
So I have configured as below -
  QM project's admin and overview > Association field and under 'Uses"
  has "Requirements      Requirement project area name " entry.
RM project's admin and overview > Association field and under 'provides"
  has "Requirements      QM project area name " entry.
* In Test case, try to add a requirement link. it's brings up a dialog for selecting a requirement from your RM project

But If I try requirement export with excel still its giving me the same window saying check with admin.

Don Yang commented Aug 22 '16, 1:45 a.m.

if the association is set properly, make sure the user is the member of RDNG project area and license for RM is allocated to the user.

There is a known defect in v6.0 but it is fixed in v6.0.1 as I know. As you are with v6.0.1, it should have the fix built-in.

Kumar Kumar commented Aug 22 '16, 3:55 a.m.

I am one of the admin in RDNG. License is also available but Not able to understand why its not allowing me to export requirements.

Kumar Kumar commented Aug 22 '16, 10:31 a.m. | edited Aug 22 '16, 10:35 a.m.
Creating multiple  testsuite issue have raised it as new ticket..  please answer.
showing 5 of 13 show 8 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.