It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is the RTC progress data located in the data warehouse?

Sarah Byrum (214) | asked Jul 27 '16, 3:07 p.m.
Hi,

I've been working with JRS recently to try to create a report on RTC planning progress. We have a team who currently manually creates the report, taking data from the jazz website. We are trying to create a way for this report to me automatically generated. One of the columns in the report should contain the progress of the plan, meaning the hours ahead or behind what is expected.

For this report, I also need the load data, to state whether a team is overloaded or not.

Are either of these calculations located as a data piece in the RTC data warehouse? Can they be extracted using the advanced SQL query in JRS? If they are not directly available, is there a way to calculate them using the data that is available?

I am currently using RIDW.VW_REQUEST T1 in my SQL query.

Thank you for any advice you can offer!
-Sarah

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 28 '16, 2:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am pretty sure that work item data is stored in the DW, but other data such as the scheduled absences, the allocation and the work environment data that is used in the plan scheduler/calculation is not stored in the data warehouse. So I don't think you can get this data as a report. You would have to print the plan.

Comments
Sarah Byrum commented Jul 28 '16, 8:00 a.m.

Hi Ralph,
Thank you for that information. Do you know if there is a way to calculate the load and progress bars with the data that is stored in the DW? Or to calculate something similar to use in the report?
Thank you again.

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 28 '16, 8:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

To say it more specific: I am not aware of a way to do that, especially since a lot of the data is not in the data warehouse and the calculation algorithms are not available.

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14946) | answered Aug 01 '16, 9:11 a.m.
So the process data is not in the warehouse for allocations and scheduled absences - is it available via LQE? 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.