It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Jazzignore : possible to ignore files that only have properties modified (access rights for example) ?

Marie Michelin (14317) | asked Jul 25 '16, 8:37 a.m.
retagged Aug 05 '16, 3:31 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)
Using RTC 5.0.2 Linux client, when I modify a file property (like access rights, with chmod command for example), the file appears in the Pending Changes view as modified.

Is it possible to ignore this kind of modifications (with a jazzignore file for example) ?

I don't think it is possible because it seems that jazzignore files are really simple. But perhaps I missed something.

Thanks for your help,
Regards,

Accepted answer

permanent link
Alan Sampson (93749) | answered Jul 25 '16, 12:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
According to the documentation about .jazzignore:
A .jazzignore file consists of a series of patterns. Any file, folder, or symbolic link whose name matches a pattern cannot be committed to a change set -
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.team.scm.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_scm_eclipse_ignore.html

which confirms your suspicion that .jazzignore files are simple lists of patterns for matching file and directory names.
Marie Michelin selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Marie Michelin commented Jul 27 '16, 2:14 a.m.

Ok thank you Alan.
So bad that we can't do more complex filters on what is displayed in Pending Changes.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.