It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to handle non requirments filling in the module

Jan Komárek (174) | asked Jul 05 '16, 4:53 p.m.
 Hello all,

I am trying to use DNG on first project instead of Word as we were used to do until now and I dont know how to handle texts which are not requirements in the end, they are filling which is helping to understand requirements and gives more structure.
For example:
I have dat acoming into assemgly set and I need to make some checks on input to assembly set. In text I would use something like:
On input into assembly set, duplicate checks are made:
  • Duplicate check on same input
  • Assembly set for this record was already outputed
What is the issue, first sentence gives meaning to other two lines, but its not requirement. Other two are separate requirements. How would you organize situation like this? Just to make it clear, both bullet points will have more elaboration in the end.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kirk Grotjohn (1.2k3) | answered Jul 05 '16, 7:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If I understand correctly, I think you would use different artifact types for this.  DNG allows you to customize the type system.  So you can have a type call "System requirement", for example, and another called "Supporting resource" or something similar.  You would probably also have a type that is used for headings in the module (e.g., "Heading"). 

Then your module can be made up of headings, supporting resources and system requirements. 
You can add a column to the module display to show the artifact type if you wanted. 

If you look some of the modules in the JKE Banking sample, this is exactly what's done there.  That uses a combination of headings, "process guidance" and "use case requirements" artifact types. 

I'm not sure what you're asking with respect to the "checks" and your bullet points so I can't help there. 
Jan Komárek selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jul 05 '16, 8:30 p.m.

The "checks" is just an example. So the first sentence can be made as a heading, and the two bullet points as separate requirements of appropriate artifact types.

Jan Komárek commented Jul 06 '16, 9:35 a.m. | edited Jul 06 '16, 9:35 a.m.

Kirk, you got it right. I will use some artifact type which will not be heading, but will not be testable. Most likely supporting resource.

Thank you for your answer.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.