It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Customize links explorer Rational DOORS Next Generation

Bart Fransen (1145) | asked Jun 22 '16, 2:51 a.m.
edited Jun 22 '16, 3:20 a.m.
 Hello everybody,

I'm currently using IBM Rational DOORS Next Generation on the Cloud for a very large project within our company. Because we are in a rush, we want to use specific parts of the Tool at this moment. One of those parts is the Links Explorer. We want to make the links between all our requirements visible and want to use it in our documents.

What I have so far:

- I can make the traceabilities,
- I can use the Links Explorer and the links are visible,
- The Traceability is clear and the 'Tree's' are forming nicely.

But there are a few things I would like so see different and I'm sure that it is possible (at least I hope it is).

1) The requirement is shown with the following attributes: 'ID', 'Name', 'Module'.
Is it possible to customize this? I would like to see a few attributes I configured myself in the Links Explorer instead of the above standard Attributes.
2) If the name (in this case the requirement) is a bit longer, the 'box' where the requirement is shown in, is too small and the requirement will be cut off with dots.
Is it possible to customize the size of the 'boxes' where the requirements are shown in? Or is this a standard size?
3) The link type is shown as a text before/under/next to the requirements.
Is it possible to get rid of this? It makes the traceability tree very messy if there are a lot of links.

I hope that this can be customized and that it is not a standard within IBM Rational DOORS Next Generation.

I hope you can help me with the above questions. If something is not clear, please let me know and I will try to adapt.

Kind regards,
Bart

One answer

permanent link
lakshmi shree (571343) | answered Jul 28 '16, 2:36 a.m.
 Hello Bart

I am facing the same problem. Please let me know if there is any update on this.Thanks

Comments
Bart Fransen commented Aug 04 '16, 10:27 a.m.

Hello Lakshmi,

I don't have an answer yet, but from what I heard, this is a hard feature from Doors. So nothing can be adjusted here. Maybe in a next revision or something? In my opinion, the links explorer is a very important feature, which should be a little more user friendly.

Regards,
Bart

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.