It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to I get DOORS Next to use the U.K. English localization?

Kristofer Carlson (533) | asked Aug 24 '22, 11:40 a.m.

NATO has standardised on U.K. English. Unfortunately, the default DOORS English language interface uses U.S. English. We use programme and artefact instead of program and artifact, for example. 

I've searched Google and these forums and could find no information on English language localizations. One forum post suggested changing the browser language settings. My browser is using U.K. English, but DOORS is still displaying U.S. English (e.g. Artifact Type). I saw another article that suggested changing the config file, but there appeared to be only one code for English (i.e. no localizations). Yet another post suggested changing the configuration in multiple server instances (Jazz, WebSphere, DOORS, Java, etc.). I don't want to go down that rabbit hole if English localizations are not supported.

For fans of etymology, U.K. English spells words with Greek roots with a "z" and words from other languages with an "s". Localize comes from Greek, while analyse does not. 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Davyd Norris (2.4k217) | answered Aug 24 '22, 7:36 p.m.
Language settings in ELM are controlled by your browser so set your language to en-uk, followed by en and then you'll get UK specific spell checking etc.

This will set your language for the content you create, however I suspect it won't set the local spellings for the ELM UI or for imports and exports - you're probably just going to have to live with those small differences, which will not affect the input or output
Kristofer Carlson selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.