It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

In RTC, is here a way to find out what objects are visible to any particular Access Group

David Dulling (13731212) | asked Jun 21 '16, 4:28 p.m.
edited Jun 22 '16, 11:26 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
 Hi

We're just starting to look at applying access groups to work items, components, streams etc but, having done so, is there a way (perhaps as a JazzAdmin as I am) to report or show which objects have any Access Group assigned to them?

When I, for example, assign ownership of component to a team, the team name is shown in brackets after the component name. However, when I assign an Access Group to that component the Access Group is not externally visible. 

When I add somebody to an Access Group I'd like to know what this grants access to without having to maintain some kind of external record in (say) a spreadsheet

Thanks, guys. 
Great forum by the way!

Dave

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jun 22 '16, 3:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 22 '16, 3:49 a.m.
David,

what I know (API, rules) is in this series of posts: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2016/01/27/manage-access-control-permissions-for-work-items-and-versionables/

The information about the access context is stored in the individual items, so I don't think you will be able to easily see this information at a central place. You would have to access all objects and check them using the API. Performance?

Also, only as an administrator (Jazz Admin repository role) can you access objects outside of your access context at all.  An admin can see items even if they are limited to an access group the admin is not member of. Only an admin can even see the access groups that exist and he is not a member of.
David Dulling selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
David Dulling commented Jun 22 '16, 7:35 a.m. | edited Jun 22 '16, 11:26 a.m.

Thanks, Ralph. I thought that would be the case

Regards

Dave

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.