It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRDI Report Duplicating Output on TimeSheet Report

Glenn Watkins (88245) | asked Jun 08 '16, 8:07 a.m.
 Hi

We are using RTC v 5.0 and RRDI 10.2.1

I am creating a report that the user is able to input a Parent work item number and it will go fetch all Child Links associated (5 levels), and the associated time entries on each work item.

I created the following queries;
Parent Work Item (Request Related Requests)
Child Work Item (Request Related Requests)
Parent Links (Request Relational Links)
TimeSheet (Timesheet Related Activities / Timesheet)

Using Joins -  I joined the Timesheet Query to the Child Query
                 -  I joined the Parent Work Item with the Parent links (Request ID 2)
                  - I joined the Child/Timesheet with the Parent Query (Request ID 1)
thus giving me a query with a Parent + Child + Timesheet
to get the second - 5th child I duplicated the query and joined them making the Child Ref ID of the first query = the Parent Ref ID of the duplicated query thereby giving me Parent + 2 Children with timesheets on the children.

The output returns all the relevant work items correctly, however the timesheet section is duplicating entries. I have configured numerous variations with regards to the cardinality and aggregation and have been unable to resolve this.

Has anyone else experienced this or could anyone perhaps offer advice on how to resolve it.

Thanking you in advance

Kind Regards
Glenn

Comments
Don Yang commented Jun 08 '16, 9:57 p.m.

Do you use exact RTC5.0 or not? is DCC used in this RRDI environment for data collection or Java ETL used?

Glenn Watkins commented Jun 08 '16, 10:07 p.m.

Hi Don

We are on exact RTC V 5.0 and use DCC in our RRDI environment, the jobs run every 2 hours

Kind Regards
Glenn

Don Yang commented Jun 09 '16, 6:52 p.m.

Hi, Glenn

It is likely you hit the known DCC defect in
Source SQL statement for Timesheet_Timecode_Lookup returns duplicates
(not sure if you have the access to this defect or not).
It is in 5.0 DCC and fixed in 6.0. There is a fix in 5.0.1 DCC ifix and 5.0.2 has it as well. I am not sure if there is any fix for 5.0 DCC.
I think Java ETL does not have similar issue.

Thanks

Glenn Watkins commented Jun 10 '16, 2:02 a.m.

Hi Don

Thanks for your reply, I have raised a PMR to this end.

Have a great weekend

Kind Regards
Glenn

Glenn Watkins commented Jun 10 '16, 2:32 a.m.

Hi Don

Do you know if JRS is compatable with RTC v 5.0? And would this solve our issue

Kind Regards
Glenn

Don Yang commented Jun 10 '16, 3:16 a.m.

Hi, Glenn

If the issue is related to DCC, then it is nothing to do with JRS or RRDI because it is the problem how the data collection was done in DCC or Java ETL. BTW, JRS 5.0 may have very limited support to the custom attributes and you may find it not working in some use case, timesheet can be one not supported in JRS 5.0 as I understand.

Thanks

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.