It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

need all open states in RTC to show as one category "open" in Rational Insight report

Brandy Guillory (5311925) | asked May 19 '14, 1:10 p.m.
edited May 19 '14, 1:12 p.m.
I am trying to build a line graph report in Rational Insight that will show open defects, closed defects and total defects over a date period. Well for our department we need (verify,working,open etc. all to show as OPEN category). In other words i don't want a seperate line for verify, for working, for open I need them all to be grouped and show as open. I know in RTC which is where I am pulling the defect data there is a category called unresolved and one called resolved that can be used to build widget/query/reports, but I do not see unresolved/resolved in Rational Insight.

Is there some type of custom formula that I can enter in RI to show the data as I need it to show?

Or can i import the report into RTC and i will be able to filter through RTC?

2 answers

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14946) | answered May 19 '14, 1:26 p.m.

Hi Brandy,

Have you tried using "Request Status" instead of "Request State"?  This will have the workitem status groupings as you've defined them in RTC.

Hope this helps!

permanent link
Michael Walker (99215201157) | answered May 19 '14, 2:09 p.m.
Brandy,

Jackie's suggestion is the best option, but if for some reason it doesn't work for you, you could add a filter for Request State that adds logic like "if this <state>, then "Open"   so it displays in the report with the grouping value.  The negative of this is if the states get updated in RTC it could invalidate the filter.

We've done this for other reports that needed a grouping but didn't have the Request Status option.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.