It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot fetch data from Git to RTC web client

Kenery Wang (6411827) | asked Jun 07 '16, 2:01 a.m.
edited Jun 07 '16, 3:21 a.m.
Hello Everyone,

I have integrated Git with RTC successfully.

Currently I want to show the commit difference on RTC web client. However, I can't see the information what I want from GIt after clicking the hyperlink in work item. Below is the error message shown on my browser.

Does anyone know how to solve this issue? Thank you.

Additional Information: RTC v6.0.2 using WebSphere Liberty as application server
Error message:
Error occurred when fetching commit summary for commit id xxx
P.S. The screenshot is not able to be shown in this message since I don't have enough reputation to post it...

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jun 07 '16, 2:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I can see the image if  I edit the mail, but there is only a very generic error message that will not allow to help. You also did not send any of the standard information I would expect e.g.  RTC Version. Please see How should I ask a question in the Forum if I want to receive useful answers?

You could look at the server logs and in addition the error messages typically also provide a button to expand the details to see the exception history. 

Kenery Wang commented Jun 07 '16, 3:25 a.m.

Dear Ralph,

Thanks for your advice.

Actually I've checked the server logs (ccm.log and jts.log) but there is nothing related to this issue when I get this error message on browser (only text shows up without any button).

Shubjit Naik commented Jun 08 '16, 10:31 a.m.

Hi Kenery

Have you configured the integration with nodejs server or Gitlab? My guess is the commit URL is not resolving to the Git repo.

Regards
Shubjit

Kenery Wang commented Jun 12 '16, 10:18 p.m.

Hi Shubjit,

I only configured RTC with Git. 

Not really understand what you mean about 'the commit URL is not resolving to the Git repo.' Any further information? Thanks.

Shubjit Naik commented Jun 13 '16, 3:15 a.m. | edited Jun 13 '16, 3:22 a.m.

HI Kenery

Could you share the instructions you followed to configure the integration? Did you host the Git repo on a nodejs server , GitLab, GitHub or Apache Web Server? 

Kenery Wang commented Jun 13 '16, 5:32 a.m.

Hi Shubjit,

I followed this tutorial https://jazz.net/library/article/1423, and I host Git on Apache HTTP Server. Thanks.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

One answer

permanent link
Shubjit Naik (1.5k1613) | answered Jun 13 '16, 6:31 a.m.
edited Jun 13 '16, 7:28 a.m.
Hi Kenery

In RTC, Under the registered Git Repository > Settings, you can modify the commit URL format, so that the link redirects you to the commit page in GitWeb, if configured. You would need gitweb or something similar configured to see the commit details.

The commit URL is mentioned in the forum post mentioned below:
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/168224/what-is-the-format-of-the-commit-uri-format-field-when-registering-a-git-repository-with-rtc

Or you could configure the integration with nodejs, it would also display the commit details within a page in RTC.
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RTCGitIntegrationSetupUsingNode
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RTCGitNodeJSServer

Comments
Kenery Wang commented Jun 17 '16, 4:07 a.m.

Thanks Shubjit,

Since I want to show the commit details on my RTC web client (within a work item) directly, I don't need to configure GitWeb with RTC.

As you mentioned, if I need to show the commit details on RTC web client, I must configure Git Repository with Node.js server first. Am I right?

Many thanks!

Shubjit Naik commented Jun 21 '16, 12:38 a.m.

Hi Kenery

Yes if you use Nodejs to host the GIT repo , the commit details are displayed within RTC, there maybe limitations like not being able to download files. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.