It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DB2 Express 10.1 failing install on Server 2012 R2

Cliff Sadler (621717) | asked Jun 06 '16, 2:26 p.m.

Trying to stage a 2012 installation for IoT 6.0.2

Successfully installed the exact configuration Friday on Server 2008 without issue

IoT installs fine.  DB2 Express 10.1 64bit fails as soon as it collects my responses, and starts to install.  Logs show a bunch of return codes of 1, which I imagine is failure.  I do have local Administrator rights, and we're not doing anything silly I can think of.

Anyone else get this, and find a way around?

thanks.

Comments
Cliff Sadler commented Jun 06 '16, 3:28 p.m.

The error message is that the install failed with error #1603

moving the install files to c:\trusted got us further, but ultimately failed again.

errors seem focused on CA messages.

Would that be Certificate Authority?

Donald Nong commented Jun 06 '16, 9:21 p.m.

It seems that your Windows Server 2012 R2 machine is more restricted than the Windows Server 2008 one, and you may need to find some specific installation steps for this combination. Also, there are some known issues for DB2 Express 10.1 for Windows, such as this one.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21669298

One answer

permanent link
Cliff Sadler (621717) | answered Jun 07 '16, 10:18 a.m.

Silent Install using defaults was the key.

I agree, as a new install of 2012, it is likely more locked down than the 2008 instance was.

Comments
Cliff Sadler commented Jun 10 '16, 2:21 p.m.

Actually, that didn't work either.  The example silent install answer sheet I pilfered was for a client install, not a server.   We had to find the DB2Fixpack04 server install from fix central to get a good installation.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.