It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Build in canceled state, yet cannot delete because "Deletion allowed" is disabled

Wendy Raschke (30110) | asked Jun 02 '16, 5:14 p.m.
edited Jun 03 '16, 5:38 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
I think what I am seeing is a bug with the RTC client. I am trying to delete someone's canceled build, yet when I try, I get an error saying

CRJAZ0020I An error occurred when deleting the item identified by "virtual/build/result/_8h454F4rEeW9muUW-0yznQ". See the following exception message: Can not delete build result labeled "" for build definition "Personal build (CD, 8.5.5.x) - Liberty - 5 (using elastic build cloud)".  It has been marked to not allow deletion.
Somehow, the "Deletion allowed" checkbox was unchecked. So, though I do think I have the proper authority to delete builds, it seems the deletion allowed setting is tripping things up.

I bring this up not necessarily as a request to how do I get this removed (I think someone will be able to programmatically delete this result), but as a head's up that I think this is a bug. Is there perhaps an existing defect for it? I see this in both web client and rich client: 5.0.2, version 4.5.300.RTC-I201431-0926. (I don't know how to determine version of UI rendered in web client.)

Thanks,
Wendy

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.0k33645) | answered Jun 03 '16, 2:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 03 '16, 2:05 a.m.
An admin should be able to uncheck the check box and delete the build result. It might have been marked as release or something. The whole message looks odd. Not sure what build environment that is and what kind of automation is run there.

If you think that is a bug, please file on in https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWelcome or approach support.

Comments
Wendy Raschke commented Jun 03 '16, 8:36 a.m.

I am an admin, though. Perhaps I wasn't in the right view to do it; I will open the defect and if a dev marks it as designed, then okay, but at least the info is here for others to see.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.