It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is the Custom Tab with Miscellaneous Attributes for in Work Item?

Tim Fuller (471428) | asked Jun 01 '16, 12:59 p.m.
Just setup my first Lifecycle project in 6.0.1 and while customizing the Story work item, I discovered that the Editor Presentations for all the work items in the RTC Project have a tab called "Custom" with two attributes, both named "Miscellaneous."  com.ibm.team.workitem.section.collector_small in slot left and ... .collector_wide in slot right. They have two keys, autocollect (true) and width set.  The Tab doesn't show up (at least not yet) in the UI when creating a work item. What are they for?  Should all work items have this tab?  Is it something new in version 6x?  Scrum template was used to setup RTC in the Lifecycle project.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jun 02 '16, 2:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The "Custom" tab is there since RTC 1.0, I think. It has nothing to do with lifecycle projects it is RTC only.

The "Custom" tab only works in Eclipse. It collects all the attributes that don't have an editor presentation configured. You basically should configure editor presentations yourself and won't need that tab.

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
GURVINDER SOKHI commented Jun 01 '20, 11:03 a.m.

Hi Ralph

We have our own custom process template based on OTB process template. For custom tab we plan to override and set the autocollect to ‘false’. Will this change have any detrimental effects?

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 02 '20, 11:19 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I do not know. You will have to try it out. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.