It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Extension for email notify after baseline creation

Yarden Hameiri (133) | asked May 10 '16, 3:50 a.m.
 Hi,
I need to create an extension which will send an automatic email notification after baseline creation in certain project.
The email need to be sent to all the project members.
Is it possible by using RTC plugins or there is a need to write an outer java classes?
Thanks.

One answer

permanent link
Charlie Seo (22127) | answered May 11 '16, 2:31 a.m.
 Hi, 

I guess the old forum should provide some guideline to implement what you need. I guess only trigger for notification seems to be a work item state change so once you bind a work item with your baseline creation action, it might be feasible

com.ibm.team.workitem.service.internal.save.notify.ChangeEventMailNotifier  in the SDK

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/131741/rtc-plugin-for-sending-notification-email

The following link is based on Plain Java Client but I think the similar API can be found from SDK. 

https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/09/30/delivering-change-sets-and-baselines-to-a-stream-using-the-plain-java-client-libraries/

Hope this helps

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented May 11 '16, 2:55 a.m. | edited May 11 '16, 2:56 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is no direct extension point for create baseline. It might be possible to use an asynchronous task or an event handling extension (there is still no operation/event create baseline, but there is deliver baseline and that should be good enough). 

I still question the use of sending mails around just because someone creates a baseline. The built creates a baseline every time it runs on the build workspace. You will likely only end up with frustrated users with blocked e-mail functions due to their quota.

Yarden Hameiri commented May 17 '16, 1:44 a.m.

Thanks for the replies.

Deliver of a baseline is good enough.
I will read your asynchronous task guide to figure out how to do this.
Thanks again.

Ralph Schoon commented May 17 '16, 2:48 a.m.

My point is, that you can not trigger on baseline creation as far as I can tell.

Yarden Hameiri commented May 17 '16, 5:01 a.m. | edited May 17 '16, 5:15 a.m.

I understand.

And if I want to send an email after every delivery that take place, is it possible?
Thanks

Ralph Schoon commented May 18 '16, 2:04 a.m.

Yarden Hameiri commented May 22 '16, 2:57 a.m.

Thank you for all the help!

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.