It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Changing Iteration Dates doesn't seem to propogate to Report

michael entler (171327) | asked May 06 '16, 2:56 p.m.

RTC 3.0.1.6 (will be upgrading to 6.0.1)  Using the Scrum template.

I have the default sprint 1 and sprint 2 iterations and I update the generated dates to actual dates of the project.

I go to the Sprint Burndown report from the dashboard and the details show the iteration date the report is using is the old generated dates which are incorrect. 

i.e.  the date range of  Sprint 1 was April 13 - May 3rd, and I changed those to May 18th - May 31, saved this.

I then go to the dashboard for the project, go to the Sprint Burndown and the About this Report shows the iteration date range is the old date range. 

It's been about an hour and the same old date range still appears.  I'm wondering if the date range change hasn't propagated yet or if there is something wrong, or something I'm not doing correctly.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Alexandre Stegani (8664) | answered May 06 '16, 7:21 p.m.
Hi Michael,

It is not clear whether you have executed the ETL jobs after making the changes to the iteration date. Can you please confirm? The changes will propagate to the report only after the DW is updated (ETL jobs ran successfully)
michael entler selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
michael entler commented May 06 '16, 7:32 p.m. | edited May 06 '16, 7:42 p.m.

Thanks Alenxandre.

I ran the Data Collection Job for the DW and this appeared to resolve it.

It seems strange to me that the report keeps the date range and not just a pointer to the

iterations.

but I noticed if I edit the report options i'm only seeing 2 sprints when I had added a 3rd.  perhaps I'm still not doing something.

Edit: nevermind, it's there now.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.