It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM 6.0: RQM Test Automation Adapter

Naveen Tyagi (19768152) | asked May 03 '16, 1:07 a.m.
edited May 03 '16, 2:02 a.m.
I have tool X and Test cases are written in RQM will be run on tool X.  i am building a bridge which will fetch[using OSLC, java] test case from RQM and send it to it to the automaton tool which will execute it and send beck result to this Adpater.

Adapter will create Test Result and link it to the Test case execution record which will be linked to Test case. is it right approach or am i doing something wrong. Thanks in advance.

One answer

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered May 09 '16, 3:54 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
Naveen,

I would suggest to let the RQM owns responsibility execute and manage the tests; and let tool X own the execution part. You can build custom adapter either using RQM adapter library or Rational Quality Manager Test Automation Adapter API (refer RQMAutomationSample).

Regards,
Mehul

Comments
Naveen Tyagi commented May 09 '16, 6:55 a.m. | edited May 09 '16, 6:56 a.m.

Thanks , This is kind of approach i am planning to implement.

Please correct me or provide your valuable input if something wrong with my approach-
For one Test case/TCER there is a TA[Test Automation] on the tool X and both i want to link with each others Id, TA will store TCER id and a custom attribute will have TA id value.  So when user will request to execute Test Case/TCER id 1234 that value will go to automation tool and Test automation which is responsible for this 1234 TCER will be executed and result return back to the RQM for that i will create a Test Result to hold this returned output and link to the TCER.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.