It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC - Git integration with node - does it work?

john norris (20734044) | asked Apr 19 '16, 3:25 p.m.
edited Apr 20 '16, 1:28 a.m.
Does this work outside of IBM labs?
I have followed docs and tutorial and I can not get it to work in my environment. Mint 17 running Jazz 6.0.1, node js and git. RTC Client on windows.
Regards,
John

Comments
sam detweiler commented Apr 19 '16, 3:55 p.m.

I've had it running on my local test environment. ubuntu/rtc/git, with windows client.
I don't work for IBM.

sam detweiler commented Apr 19 '16, 3:56 p.m.

the trick was to get the right python runtime level to match the pre-compiled scripts.

john norris commented Apr 20 '16, 1:28 a.m.

Hi Sam,

thanks for taking the time to answer. I am not using the python scripts but using the node server. And that does seem to be the root of my problem.

Regards,

John

Christine Makasy commented Feb 14 '17, 6:46 a.m.

Hi John, hi Sam,

I tried to install ubuntu/git/rtc-git-server-toolkit on a linux server. 
First I faced the error 22 problem -- basis authentication doesn't work.
Then I switched to ldap authentification, now I have the problem "fatal: Authentication failed ...".
The node.js server is running well. The ldap is working for rtc but not for node.js.

Does anybody have an idea?
Many thanks.
Christine

john norris commented Feb 14 '17, 7:55 a.m.

I did kind of get it working eventually. The problem was the way user has been defined in the code. It is the value of git user.name. Now this might be "Fred Bloggs" and you log into the system as "fbloggs". The code will take the first word, upto space so it is looking for a user in RTC of "Fred". But in RTC that is "fbloggs". Hence the user does not exist and so can not authenticate the push.
I think that is a bug in the design.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.