It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to check whether Jazz Admin is part of Project in DNG using OSLC

Naveen Tyagi (19778152) | asked Apr 18 '16, 1:54 a.m.
I have written plugin with GUI that shows list of the projects that  user part of  and once user selects any of the project it pulls out the list of all the folder/requirements in that project. it is behaving abnormally if login with Jazz admin credentials . When i use plugin with Jazz admin credentials all the project being pulled out whether Jazz admin is part of the project or not in Project list. When i select any of the project that Jazz admin is not part of, i am getting nothing in Requirement and folders. Is there any way to know that jazz admin is not part of the project out of all the projects being pulled out  ?. Thnaks in advance.

I am using CLM 6.0 and java, OSLC.

2 answers

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered Apr 18 '16, 2:07 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
As a JazzAdmin user does administration for the whole Jazz installation, it has visibility on all DNG projects on the server. Without knowing what you do in your plugin/GUI, hard to tell why you don't see folder and artifacts for projects where the JazzAdmin user is not a member of.

Comments
Naveen Tyagi commented Apr 18 '16, 11:57 p.m.

I think some misunderstanding, As jazz admin i can see folders and requirement, but if am trying to fetch using OSLC with Jazz admin credential all the projects are being pulled but but not the artifacts.

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Apr 19 '16, 5:25 a.m.
You can use the URI
https://clm:9443/rm/process/project-areas/<Project UUID>/members
https://clm:9443/rm/process/project-areas/<Project UUID>/admins
to find out the members and administrators of a project.

I may just happen to see the same (probably?) issue as you did - I assigned JazzAdmins role to a user without assigning any licenses, the the user could get the project list, but got an HTTP 403 error when trying to query requirements. Once the user had the correct license, there was no problem for listing folders and requirements at all - just as if the user is a member/administrator of the project.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.