It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Changeset appears in WorkItem but not in repository workspace history

Khelmo Freitas (154) | asked Apr 07 '16, 1:13 p.m.

I have found a strange situation in one of my clients using RTC. A Changeset was created and associated to a work item, then it was delivered to a stream. The problem is, it never was actually delivered. The changeset does not appear in the repository workspace history. But when I open the work item and check the links tab, I can see the changeset with the changes. I tried loading the repository workspace again to a new sandbox, but it is as if the changeset was never created. In the original sandbox the changes do not appear in the pending changes view also.

It is as if the changeset was deleted and the only trace left is in the work item link. Does anyone have any idea of how could this be? What could be done to end up with this scenario?

The client claims he only checked-in his changes, associated the changeset with the work item and delivered it.

RTC version being used is 5.0.2

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 08 '16, 2:51 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
A change set can be associated to a work item but not be in any repository workspace or stream/component history for various reasons.

• It was never delivered e.g. it was suspended or discarded or only checked in but not delivered - If you discard a change set RTC actually tells you you can associate it to a work item to be able to easily find it again later, you can also search for change sets and find them even if they never got delivered or discarded
  • The stream/repository workspace/component got re-based on an earlier state
  • The Stream/Repository workspace that contained the change set in its configuration got deleted

You can use "Locate change sets" to try to find workspaces/streams that contain that change set but there is no reason why it has to be in any of them based on the scenarios above.

Khelmo Freitas selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.