It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is the impact of migrating Module Baselines to Project Baselines with RDNG 6.x?

Robert Huet (23113484) | asked Apr 06 '16, 5:07 p.m.
 We are currently using RDNG 5.0.2 and soon plan to upgrade to either 6.0.1 or 6.0.2.  I understand that Module Baselines don't exist in v6.x, and that all existing Module Baselines will be transformed into Project Baselines.  We are currently heavy users of Module Baselines.

This raises some questions:

1. Given the size of our project area, what will be the impact of all our Module Baselines turning into Project Baselines (from performance/resource perspective)?
  2. Will the converted Project Baselines provide any indication as to their origin (i.e. which module baseline they came from)?  The names of our module baselines (e.g. "Solution Approved", "Program Approved", etc...) assume that we have the module context.  If we will lose that module context. do we need to go back and prefix our module baseline names with the name of the module before we migrate?
  3. Given that the additional complexity of configuration management may be too much for our user community, can we continue to manage project baselines in 6.x without turning on configuration management?  From my initial testing of 6.0.1, it appears we can.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.