It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Move of folder and module not in sync

Mahesh JS (17111) | asked Aug 11 '16, 4:42 a.m.
 Move of module and its folder are not in sync in DNG i.e. when we create a module, a folder also gets created by the same name, but when we move that folder to another location, only folder is moved and module is not moved along with that folder. But if we add artifacts to the module, those artifacts are still getting shown in the folder at new location. Is this an issue?

One answer

permanent link
Philipp Waldinger (1313) | answered Aug 11 '16, 5:32 a.m.
edited Aug 30 '16, 4:15 a.m.
As far as I now, the Content Folder of a module and the module as artifact itself are independent from each other in terms of their locations (i.e. the folder does not have to be in the same location as the module).
The only link between them is the setting/attribute "Content Folder" of the module. The folder used as Content Folder can be anywhere in your projectarea's hierarchy, as long as it is defined as "Content Folder", it is the Content Folder.
It can also be renamed and moved, this does not break the Connection.

So if I understand you question right: No, this is no issue. In my opinion, its even quite smart, because the link to the Content Folder does not get lost if it is (maybe by accident) renamed or moved.
But yes, if you want to move a module and want to have the Content Folder always in the same location as the module, you have to assure this manually.

Comments
Mahesh JS commented Aug 31 '16, 8:39 a.m.

Thanks Philipp !!

Module is a set of artifacts as we know. But, here folder is also a set of artifacts, it looks contradictory. 
If this how the tool is made, then please suggest me any link where this module/folder concept in DNG is explained.

Mahesh JS commented Aug 31 '16, 8:40 a.m.

Thanks Philipp !!

Module is a set of artifacts as we know. But, here folder is also a set of artifacts, it looks contradictory for me i.e. when we have module why there is a need to have folder again?
Please help me understand this.....

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.