It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Jenkins Mylyn Builds Connector and RTC/RSA Integration

Robert Schlesier (1314) | asked Mar 29 '16, 2:52 p.m.
edited Mar 29 '16, 2:54 p.m.
We use Jenkins with RTC/Jazz, but cannot use the RTC Build Engine support for Jenkins. Our Jenkins server is behind a firewall and cannot be reached by the RTC server. The Jenkins server can reach the RTC server, so the build process works.
To manage the builds / view build results, we want to use Hudson/Jenkins Mylyn Builds Connector. This allows to view the changes of a build directly in RSA, but the changes are not linked to their Change Sets or Work Items.
Is there a plugin to get the Work Items and Change Sets into Mylyn, so the builds connector can pick them up and link to them?

Comments
Sridevi Sangaiah commented Mar 30 '16, 12:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Robert,
Is it that you open the Jenkins build result in RSA using the Hudson/Jenkins Mylyn Builds Connector and the changes section of the build result doesn't display the work items and change sets?

Hope you can see the work items and change sets from Jenkins build result UI.

Thanks,
Sridevi

Robert Schlesier commented Mar 30 '16, 4:19 a.m.

Hi Sridevi,

I can see the the changes for the build in RSA as a list containing entries in this format:
<work item ID>: <work item description> - <change set comment> <user>
What I would like to do is:

• open the work item directly from the list
  • view the change set details directly from the list (i.e. changed files and open the change compare)
In the Jenkins web UI I have links to RTC for the included work items and change sets.
In RSA that doesn't work, as the Hudson/Jenkins Mylyn Builds Connector does not get the work items / change sets from RTC and it looks like I need some provider for this.

Thanks,
Robert

Lakshmi Narasimhan T V commented Mar 30 '16, 6:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Robert,
The Team Concert plugin does not put links for work items or change set. I have opened the following work item to check if Team Concert plugin can expose annotated message to other plugins and whether that solves the problem you have described.

Robert Schlesier commented Mar 30 '16, 11:52 a.m.

Thank you, Lakshmi

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.