It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How in Design Manager to link a Rhapsody model element to a Doors Requirements baseline

Herve DULAC (1113) | asked Mar 18 '16, 10:56 a.m.
In the Design Manager (5.0.2) web browser, I want to link a Rhapsody model element to a baseline in Doors (9.6).
Is only proposed to create a link to a requirement in the standard view of my module.

The baseline(s) are not proposed. How to do this?

Regards

2 answers

permanent link
Pritesh Patel (12246) | answered Mar 18 '16, 3:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 18 '16, 3:51 p.m.
Hi,

It is possible to link a Rhapsody model element that is published on the Design Manager (DM) server to a requirement in DOORS. I'm not too sure what you mean by "The baseline(s) are not proposed" so please excuse me if I have missed the point, but hopefully the below may help a little:

Please note that the linking is done via OSLC links, using DOORS Web Access (DWA) and there are a number of things that need to be setup in DM, DWA and DOORS. Here is a link to the documentation that outlines the necessary steps:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSB2MU_8.1.4/com.ibm.rcam.linking.doc/topics/t_dm_doors_int_ov.html

To compliment the above, you may find the following link on dwAnswers useful:

https://developer.ibm.com/answers/questions/259236/what-are-the-stepsitems-that-you-need-to-have-setu/

Hope that the above helps.

Many thanks,
Pritesh...

permanent link
Herve DULAC (1113) | answered Mar 21 '16, 5:28 a.m.
Hi Pritesh,
thank you. I crossed the links you recommanded. I think I have already applied all of this because creating links between a Rhapsody model element and Doors requirements is working at my side.

I wish going further: not only linking to requirements in Doors but linking to requirements in a Doors baseline.
To explain: a Requirements Engineering Team has created a first set of requirements in Doors (let's call this set : v1.0) and needs to work on evolutions of these requirements (let's call this : v2.0). So to distinguish the two sets in Doors, we have created a baseline v1.0 on the 1st set. The Architecture Team is working with the v1.0 set while the Requirements Engineering Team is working in parallel on the v2.0.
So in Rhapsody, the Architecture Team wants to link his model to some requirements to the v1.0 Doors baseline.
Hope I am clear.
So I imagine we can do this but how ?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.