It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Server Performance,

Aaron Cohen (8207851) | asked Dec 07 '07, 10:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Let me first compliment the Jazz Development team on the new Web Admin Page in M4. The Monitor page includes some wonderful information. That being said, I noticed my server is performing slower with M4. So I am looking at the monitor page and under server health, I noticed that the Server "Max Memory" is set at 256. Is this an appropriate amount? Is this my bottleneck? Is this set by Jazz or the WAS? Where should I change this?

Thanks!

Here are some details on my environment:
Redhat 5 U1 x86
WAS 6.1 Fix 13
DB2 9.5
Jazz M4

3 answers

permanent link
Aaron Cohen (8207851) | answered Dec 07 '07, 10:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks! Out of curiosity, What other performance tweaks should I be
making? Anything to the database?

permanent link
Scott Rich (57136) | answered Dec 07 '07, 1:44 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
256MB is not going to support much of a server. We run jazz.net with 1000 MB max memory. This is configured in WebSphere, in the Admin Console go to Application servers > server1 > Process Execution > Process Definition > Java Virtual Machine. In the "Generic JVM Arguments" where you set the teamserver.properties location, add -Xmx1024m.

Scott

permanent link
Scott Rich (57136) | answered Dec 10 '07, 8:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks! Out of curiosity, What other performance tweaks should I be
making? Anything to the database?

That's our only recommendation so far, we do apply some settings to the DB2 database regarding the transaction logs and buffer sizes when we create the Jazz schema.

Scott

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.