It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RFT: What is the prerequisites for automating the Remote Desktop

Sowmya Rao (1319) | asked Mar 09 '16, 9:49 a.m.
Hi,
Anyone can you help me regarding automating applications running in Remote desktop( server) using RFT .. In this regard do we need to install RFT in remote server too? or is it sufficient to have RFT installed in local machine?
I am running RFT scripts through RQM, So is it required to have RQM also to be installed in remote system?
Please share some knowledge on how can we implement this.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Prakash Chauhan (36) | answered Mar 09 '16, 11:20 a.m.

Hi

RFT needs to be installed on the machine where the test is going  to run/execute. In other words the machine where the Application Under Test is running.

RFT has an adapter  for RQM that comes with the product (i.e RFT)  and this adapter should be running on the remote machine where the test/script are going to execute.

If RFT is not installed on the remote machine ( here called agent for RQM)  then RQM won't even list that machine as an available agent to run the test on.

The machine from where you are accessing the RQM console and starting the execution , on that machine  you don't need  to RFT installed  (unless you want to view the detailed RFT execution report ).

Sowmya Rao selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.