It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Importing a CSV file into Doors next generation

Gourav Luthra (1378) | asked Mar 04 '16, 6:00 a.m.
I have imported a csv file into DNG and now i have the same csv file with updated data.

how can i import it based on the object identifier?

is there any method to update the data based on some attribute into the module?

Please help me out.

Thank you
Gourav  

Accepted answer

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered Mar 04 '16, 10:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Gourav,

In version 6.0.1 there is a new feature that allows you to update existing requirements that it can find by ID.  Here is a description of the feature on the new and noteworthy page.
Rational DOORS Next Generation 6.0.1 New & Noteworthy: CSV file exporting and importing

There is an issue with updating enumerated values.  Here is a link to the work item.
Defect 104498: CSV import does not update multi-valued enumerated attributes correctly

I hope this helps.

Gourav Luthra selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Nate Decker commented Mar 04 '16, 1:00 p.m.

To expand on this answer a little bit, prior to 6.0.1, "round trips" of data in RM via CSV was not supported.

Donald Nong commented Mar 06 '16, 7:11 p.m.

I bet the original/updated CSV file does not have the "id" field, so extra care should be taken when trying to update the requirement artifacts. Basically, the IDs of the imported requirements need to be extracted and merged into the CSV, in order to do a proper "update".

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.