It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to run sequential different type of tasks(STAX,RFT,...)

stefan aerts (2621) | asked Aug 07 '09, 5:32 a.m.
What i would like to do with RQM is the following:

run several jobs within a test case sequential :
the test case will contain several tasks(test scripts):
-task 1 -> run a STAX job on the test machine
-task 2 -> run a functional test script on the test machine

BUT this must be sequential and only if task 1 run successfully task 2 may start.

- I managed to run an automation job STAX on a test machine using the Lab manager /running automations functionality.
- I managed to run a rational functional test script on that test machine using the RQM test scripts functionality where you can specify the type of script(RFT,RMT,appscan,command line,....

The problem is that i can assign the functional test script to a test case,but i cant assign the STAX automation job to a test case.

Possible workaround:
There is a type of test script called "command line" -> I could lounge a .bat file on the test machine to run a STAX job.
BUT i cant create a command line test script because it requires also an adapter.
What adapter do i need to install?

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Stefan.

One answer

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Aug 10 '09, 11:23 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Stefan -
Couple things:
It really sounds like you're looking for the RQM 2.0 "Execution Schedule" functionality. This allows you to sequentially run any sequence of Test Execution Records (i.e. Functional test), Test Suites, and Automation (STAF/STAX, Build Forge, etc). But - you're missing one piece. You want it to only run step "n" if step "n-1" passed. RQM needs to add this advanced sequencing capability in a follow on release. It will certainly be up for consideration.
Regarding "adapter for command line"... the adapter being referred to is the RQM Command Line adapter. This is a stand alone program that must be run on every remote machine that you would like RQM to be able to run command line tests on. If there are not available agent machines running the RQM Command Line Adapter then you can not run a Command Line script from RQM.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
John

What i would like to do with RQM is the following:

run several jobs within a test case sequential :
the test case will contain several tasks(test scripts):
-task 1 -> run a STAX job on the test machine
-task 2 -> run a functional test script on the test machine

BUT this must be sequential and only if task 1 run successfully task 2 may start.

- I managed to run an automation job STAX on a test machine using the Lab manager /running automations functionality.
- I managed to run a rational functional test script on that test machine using the RQM test scripts functionality where you can specify the type of script(RFT,RMT,appscan,command line,....

The problem is that i can assign the functional test script to a test case,but i cant assign the STAX automation job to a test case.

Possible workaround:
There is a type of test script called "command line" -> I could lounge a .bat file on the test machine to run a STAX job.
BUT i cant create a command line test script because it requires also an adapter.
What adapter do i need to install?

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Stefan.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.