It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

can risk type, liklihood or impact values be customized (risk profiles)?

Brett Bohnn (94111153) | asked Feb 29 '16, 5:07 p.m.
When adding a risk to a risk profile, is there any way to modify or add to the values for "Likelihood" "Impact" or "Risk Type?" I know this cannot be done through the web UI but unsure if it can be with the RTC eclipse client.

Thanks,
Brett

4 answers

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Mar 03 '16, 7:25 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Brett,

Unfortunately, no.

permanent link
sivaraman Jagadesan (1) | answered Mar 03 '16, 12:30 p.m.
Thanks Paul and Brett. Is this a limitation in v4.0.5 ??
Has the capability added in a newer version ? v5 or may be v6 ??

Thanks
Siva Jagadesan

Comments
Brett Bohnn commented Mar 03 '16, 1:41 p.m.

Hi Siva,

This functionality does not exist in 6.0.1, the current release, either. I do not see an active RFE for it so submitting an RFE is definitely the next step. As I noted, I can submit that on your behalf or you can do so. Please let me know how you want to proceed.

Thanks,
Brett

permanent link
Brett Bohnn (94111153) | answered Mar 14 '16, 11:47 a.m.
Hi,

In this case, RTC's "Formal Project Management" process template  http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.0/com.ibm.jazz.platform.doc/topics/c_traditional_process_temp.html was used as it provides risks and risk actions that were suitable out-of-the-box.

Thanks,
Brett

permanent link
Nate Decker (37814261) | answered Mar 14 '16, 2:51 p.m.

Brett,

We do our risk management in RTC and we're able to customize this kind of thing. I don't recognize your screenshot though. We don't use the Formal Project Management process template. I think we started from one that was provided out-of-the-box, but we've customized it pretty extensively at this point. Here' s a screenshot of one of the presentations for our risk work items:

In the screenshot above, our impact is an enumeration from 1 to 10 and our probability (analogous to your "likelihood") is an integer from 1 to 99. Your Risk Type sounds like our Risk Category which we've chosen to make a multi-value select attribute with 4 enumerations: Cost, Schedule, Performance, Safety.

There are additional fields outside of this screenshot, but these are the ones that are most unique to the Risk work item that we've defined. I should think that you would be able to define your own attributes and presentations to capture these values too.

I'm not sure why you're being told this isn't possible. I must be missing something.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.