It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Copy-Paste attribute value

Yoram Ben-Haim (43117) | asked May 05 '17, 7:21 a.m.

Hello for all the DNG experts.

I've a very large database with thousands of requirement artifacts over DNG 502 application. <o:p> </o:p>

I want to add new attribute and have a default value in it (regarding all the exiting artifacts!). <o:p> </o:p>

I just add  the new attribute in the view but I don’t know how to copy-paste (or assert) the default value in a simple way (Not one by one). <o:p> </o:p>

Can you help me ? <o:p> </o:p>

Thanks a lot. <o:p> </o:p>

Yoram

Accepted answer

permanent link
Matt Rosenthal (4817) | answered May 05 '17, 10:19 a.m.

In DNG v6.0.2, this would be easy....export artifacts into a .csv (while showing the new attribute column), enter in your values in the resulting spreadsheet, and re-import to update each artifact with the value.  Unfortunately, v5.0.2 does not have round-trip import/export functionality.

However, you should be able to update the attribute in bulk, although 200 is the most you can do at one time using this method. Select the first artifact you want to update (check the box), scroll down to about 200 artifacts, and shift-click the last artifact to be updated.  The bottom of the window should tell you how many you have selected...make sure this number is 200 or less.  With all the artifacts selected, click on the pencil icon for any one of them and select "Edit the Attributes for # artifacts..."  The window that pops up should list your new attribute which you can edit and hit ok.  Prepare to wait while DNG updates each one...if you have thousands of artifacts, this is going to take a while, but I don't know of any other option other than upgrading to v6.

Good luck!  

Yoram Ben-Haim selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Yoram Ben-Haim commented May 05 '17, 1:20 p.m.

Great. Thank U

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.