It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get Doors NG to use the local mailer

Eric Jacobs (1313) | asked Feb 12 '16, 9:05 a.m.
 I've installed Doors NG 6.01 on RedHat. When trying to configure email settings I am, so far, unable to get it to use the local mailer (either postfix or sendmail - I've tried both). The only way I can get it to work is to point it at our Exchange server and use my login credentials. But this is not a good solution. I have to change my password frequently

2 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Feb 14 '16, 7:43 p.m.
I've done it for both Postfix and Sendmail in the past - no problems at all. Note that these two applications listen at address localhost/127.0.0.1 only by default. You need to change it if JTS/DNG are not on the same machine. Use the below command to see what address/port the application is listening at.
netstat -pant | grep sendmail

Comments
Eric Jacobs commented Feb 16 '16, 10:53 a.m.

That is what I was trying. But in the email configuration page in the administrative interface I tried localhost, 127.0.0.21 and localhost,localdomain and when I would save the configuration, it would complain about the "HELO" parameter requiring a domain name or it couldn't connect. And, when I tried to send a test email and watched the maillog, in fact, the HELO and EHLO commands would be sent without any name and sendmail would reject it.

permanent link
Eric Jacobs (1313) | answered Feb 16 '16, 11:39 a.m.
 Never mind. I got it to work by putting the FQDN of the server in the hosts file attached to 1217.0.0.1

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.