It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we control the order in which RQM imports test case results

Srinivas Mandava (15815) | asked Feb 08 '16, 12:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
One Test case->One test script->One TCER-> Mutliple runs on diff dates with diff results

TC1-TS1-TCER1-> TR1 01/01/2016
                                TR2 02/02/2016
                                TR3 23/02/2016

Importing this testcase into RQM from excel, doesnt correctly update the Run On and Last result field for RQM.
For some reason the test result ID's are created randomly and the last created ID result  is shown on Run on and last run field, instead of actually picking from the actual last run test result based on date

In the above example, TCER last run is shown as 02/02/2016 instead of 23/02/2016, as the ID for TR2 is higher than TR3 and TR1

When imported from execl to RQM the ID's for TR are created as follows
ID  Name Date
1 TR3    23/02/2016
2 TR1 - 01/01/2016
3 TR2 - 02/02/2016

Any one has observed this?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered Feb 09 '16, 3:26 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
Srini,

No, currently ExcelImport tool doesn't allow you to control the order in which it imports the test artifacts.

But I do agree that in absence of this, RQM has to conclude 'Run on' based on the run started time stamp rather than the result ID creation order. As long as results are getting created within the RQM current assumption (latest result will have last run on time) holds good but it fails sort when results are updated/created using REST call (i.e excelimport tool). I would suggest to file RFE/defect for this.

Regards,
Mehul
Srinivas Mandava selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Srinivas Mandava commented Feb 09 '16, 6:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Mehul

Thanks for your input,

I believe there is an RFE available to control the creation order
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=63808

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.