It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RDNG 6.0.1 REST (OSLC OASIS)

Kurtulus YILDIRIM (681019) | asked Feb 05 '16, 2:48 a.m.
Hi,
I need to set an attribute of all requirements in all of their versions. I can do it easily in 5.0.2 because only one copy of an artifact, so simply query all the requirements and change their attributes one by one. However in version 6.0.1, there can be many copies of an artifacts in different streams. So my question is how I can navigate through all streams and find artifacts version and change them?
Thank you.

Accepted answer

permanent link
ian green (17814) | answered Feb 08 '16, 12:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 08 '16, 12:59 p.m.
Hello Kurtulus

Making the same change in each stream requires an API to iterate over all the streams in the project.  That API is part of the OSLC Configuration Management spec (see http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/oslc-ccm/trunk/specs/config-mgt.html).

It is our strategy to implement that specification, and you'll see the API expand from release to release.  Currently however (as v601), all we support is the OSLC Delegated UI which allows UI-driven selection of a configuration; depending on your use case you may be able to use this in the meantime.
Kurtulus YILDIRIM selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kurtulus YILDIRIM commented Feb 08 '16, 1:11 p.m.

Thank you Ian

One other answer

permanent link
Jim Amsden (29337) | answered Feb 08 '16, 11:34 a.m.
You could treat this like any other change. Make the change in a stream, checkin and deliver the changes, then merge the stream into any other streams that require the same changes.

Comments
Kurtulus YILDIRIM commented Feb 08 '16, 1:11 p.m.

Thanks Jim.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.