It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to Send Mail to group of user when State of workitem changes ?

Shruti Shelar (1111) | asked Feb 02 '16, 7:38 a.m.

Hi Team,

I have created workitems, now my requirement is I have to automate mail sending to a group of users whenever state of workitem changes to Submitted/final ?

Second requirement is to automate mail sending for Requestor, Request Subscriber and to the group of other users whenever any state changes of workitem ?

I tried writing Java Code but not sure how to implement that code in RTC. Could anyone help me how I can achieve my requirement ? Is RTC already having this type of functionality ,if so from where I can get the source code and do necessary changes as per my requirement ?

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 02 '16, 7:46 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is mail notification available in the product for the owner, creator and subscribed users.

If you have requirements beyond that, you will have to create
  • A follow up action/participant
  • An Asynchronous task
  • An Event handler

To start with these tasks readhttps://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/09/30/learning-to-fly-getting-started-with-the-rtc-java-apis/ the referenced workshop explains how to create a follow up action and how to detect state changes in the server API.

https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/10/16/due-date-notifier-an-asynchronous-task-example/ shows the mail API available in the server API as well as how an asynchronous task works. I have no example for an event handler yet.

permanent link
Farhan Habib (156) | answered Feb 02 '16, 8:31 a.m.
 Hi Shruti,

I just want to share my experience that:

IBM provided mail service does not support HTML rendering, So you can use Java Mail Service with
content type: text/html 
to achieve this task in your server or client extension.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.